Still trying to get my name changed. Read the checklist HERE.
SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE
- No Appointment
- Wait time: 20 minutes
- Staff: Friendly and accommodating
- New card in hand: 4 days
- Number of Visits: 1
- Cost: $0
DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES
- Made an appointment (actually two appointments and now it will be three appointments)
- Wait time: 60 minutes. And counting.
- Staff: Rude and impatient
- New card in hand: 4 weeks and counting…(they now need a different certified document that they asked for during appointment number 2)
- Number of Visits: Two…and counting
- Cost: $36 for the license, $35 for the certified divorce decree, of which they decided that wasn’t the document they needed, and ?? for the new certified name change document
AND THIS IS WHY NO ONE LIKES YOU DMV! GO SUCK IT.