Just posting some stuff I’ve been pondering/struggling with/whining with the girlfriends about lately…
- Girls who go to a pool wearing inch heels, teased hair and false eyelashes –You look like you’re trying too hard.
- Online dating. I still hate it.
- Dating. I still hate that, too.
- Was hit on this weekend by a man whom I later found out has a girlfriend. Guys, if you have a girlfriend/wife, STOP freaking hitting on other women. For crying out loud, if you can’t stay faithful, then DON’T commit. (I’m leaving this one alone. For now…)
- Some girls are clueless that there is a “Girl Code.” There is one. And you need to follow it.
- Every single gal needs a “Guzband” (gay husband). A full blog post with details will be forthcoming.
- Guys, if you get style and/or dating advice from Jersey Shore, you need to do some soul searching. Hair gel, self-tanner and “swag,” are NOT attractive. Seriously.
- It is super attractive when a guy makes a decision. Saw a meme on Pinterest: “I wanna hear a guy say, ‘I made plans for us.’ instead of the usual, ‘I dunno what do you want to do?'” TRUTH.
- I know guys are supposed to be simple creatures, but we gals will dissect every single thing you say and do. It’s really annoying to be a girl sometimes.
- Why do girls have to be so emotional?
- There’s a Spice Girls song, “If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends…” True story. Guys, if we are hanging out somewhere, please engage my girlfriends instead of trying to take me away somewhere alone. Remember, these will be the same gals that give me the advice later on, so you want to impress them as well.
- I’m gonna force myself to read all of the “Fifty Shades” books. Or die trying.
- I’ve started taking pole dance classes. You know, so I can whip out a routine to impress the guys in Vegas. (Actually, it’s to build more upper body strength, but the first reason sounds more shallow and more fun, right?)
- I want to be in a committed relationship. I want to remain single. I want to be in a committed relationship. I want to remain single. I actually have no clue what I want. And it’s annoying me. Being emotionally damaged is exhausting sometimes…
- My roommate says that I know exactly what I want and I am just using defense mechanisms to remain emotionally unavailable. He’s my very own self-help book come to life.
2 thoughts on “Random Observations About The Spectacle of Dating & Life”
Girl, you look amazing in all your photos. I was trying on swimsuits the other day (yes in Target but whatevs) and it wasn’t as depressing as I thought it would be.. but STILL.
ANYWAY… I’d totally take that pole dancing class with you! You know.. upper body strength.. or something. 😉
But hang in there girl. I get the whole emotionally a mess bit.. even though I’m married it still really sucks most times.
Don’t bother with the 50 shades stuff. It’s a waste of effort.